a Mr. Fleming wishes to study bugs in smelly cheese; a Polish woman wishes to sift through tons of Central African ore to find minute quantities of a substance she says will glow in the dark; a Mr. Kepler wants to hear the songs the planets sing.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Since last time

I'm going to diverge briefly from my usual focus on technical matters. Since my last posting here, several things have changed:
  1. I moved to Fort Lauderdale, FL to work for Velocitude, a company building generalized mobile web support in Clojure, a dialect of Lisp with special support for programming with immutable data structures, concurrency, and other functional programming goodness.
  2. Velocitude was bought by Akamai, and I moved to the Boston area to continue with the same work.
  3. Back in, oh, January or February 2011, I took the time to learn Haskell properly, including how to think in its type system.
  4. I joined S&P Capital IQ a couple months ago, to work with some hardcore type system fans in Scala.

I just wanted to provide some context for what follows, and will dwell no more on such matters.

No comments:

About Me

My photo

I am S11001001, s11 for short.  Programmer and Free Software enthusiast.

Search for my name to see more stuff about me; no one shares my real name, and no one shares my username, though I can't understand why.